PACENGO

Historical Outline: Pacengo is a small town, part of the Municipality of Lazise. Already cited around the year 1000 as "Pacingus", a name probably of Longobard or Germanic origin, it is an ancient center, witnessed by the important and numerous findings dating back to the Bronze Age found in the Bor and Porto areas in the second half of the 19th century. Even in Roman times it is thought that Pacengo was a place of some importance for the goods that arrived from Germany across the lake, given that foundations of buildings and remains of Roman buildings were found. Probably around 898, when the Hungarians invaded Italy, defensive walls were built around the town, which were lost over the centuries.
During the dominion of the Republic of Venice the village constituted a municipality of its own, but towards the end of the Serenissima it was subject to the jurisdiction of the extraordinary administrator of Peschiera.Once the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy was created, Pacengo was united with Castelnuovo in 1805; then, in 1809, it formed a municipality with Cavalcaselle, until 1811 when it finally joined the municipality of Lazise.
During the first Italian war of independence, on 28 April 1848, Pacengo was the scene of the clash between the Austrians and the Piedmontese, of which the latter won the battle; subsequently it hosted Ferdinand of Savoy while he partook in the siege of Peschiera del Garda.
Among the historic villas of Pacengo are: Villa De Beni (XVI century) and Villa Alberti (XVIII century); both privately owned. A great place to visit in Pacengo is certainly the port, which is a green area surrounded by pebble and grass beaches, where you can relax or take the bike path to Peschiera del Garda.

PORT
OF PACENGO

WALKING BY THE LAKE

WONDERFUL BEACHES

RURAL LANDSCAPES