1700-1400 BC - The lake side-land was inhabited since the Neolithic age, evidence of the numerous finds of palatial settlements. As the Iron Age approaches, ethnic groups from all over our territory come to our territory.
VI-III century BC - The territory was inhabited by peoples who were influenced by Etruscans first, and Romans then; after the defeat of the Gauls by the Romans (225 BC), and the realization of the Gallic Way, Roman colonization affected the entire Gardense basin.
476 A.D. the fall of the Western Roman Empire - From the north the barbarians descend on Italy: they follow Eruli, Ostrogoi, Longobardi and finally Carolingi. Roman ordinances are upset and replaced by those of the Germanic tradition. In some documents there is a "castrum": there probably already existed a fortress even if smaller than that scaligera of later construction.
9th century. - The west bank was unfaithful from Brescia and the eastern bank from Verona: the district is under the control of the Earl of Verona, holder of the Court of Garda. Control later dwindles because of the autonomist impulses of rural areas.
X-XI sec. - Until the 12th century, the territory is defined as "iudicaria" or a public district with its own administrative areas. The Garda Rock becomes the political center of the entire district; Lazise at this time is a community of free men, important the document granted to the inhabitants by Otto II (983).
12th-15th century. - For the territory of Lazise we speak of "comitatus";
Lazise, under the rule of the lords of La Scala (1259-1387), becomes a key stopover point for traffic on the Garda and also for the control of traffic along the route from North-Europe to the Padana Plain;
Lazise was part of the "Colonel of the Gardesana":
- Colonels were the seven territories in which the so-called "Scaligera Farm" was divided in other words, the direct administration of the territories by the lordship;
- Gardesana was the complex of all the scallop territories overlooking Lake Garda from Malcesine to Sirmione included.
With Cansignorio (1359-75) first, and Antonio and Bartholomew of the staircase then, the wall was restored.
In 1387 the climbers were defeated by Gian Galeazzo Visconti lord of Milan, who took possession of the lordship of Verona and therefore also of the territory of Lazise; but already in 1405 Lazise, with all the territories of Verona, passes under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Venice, which restored the walls even if the subsequent clash against the Visconti caused serious damage to the castle.
1509 - Venice enters the conflict called "Cambray War" after which Lazise passes it to Maximilian of Austria who hands him over to the Marquis Giovanni Gonzaga, commander of the army stationed in Verona; on this occasion, to oppose the the Lacisians set fire to the Rock. Already in 1516 all territories of Verona return under the rule of the Republic of Venice, which will try to maintain neutrality in future conflicts at the expense of the inhabitants. During the conflict between Charles V and Francis I, the army of lanzichenecchi passes and plunders Lazise, in 1528 goes back the tear from cannon shot still visible in the keep of the castle, in this bombardment also fall part of the walls of the fortress.
1630-31 - The great wave of plague also spread to the territory of Lazise.
Following the French Revolution, Lazise, after being the headquarters of the French headquarters, joined the Cisalpina Republic and in 1805, with the establishment of the Kingdom of Italy, Lazise became the capital of the fifth canton of the district of Verona.
With the Congress of Vienna (1815) Lazise moved to the Lombardy-Veneto Kingdom under the Austrians; three wars of independence followed: only the one of 1866 would lead to the Treaty of Prague and the union with the Kingdom of Italy.
Between 1870 and 1880 Count Gian Battista Buri, then owner of the fortress, restored the battlements and buried the military port adjacent to the castle for the construction of the current park of Villa Bernini. Today of the military port fortress complex remain the square of arms and traces of the fortification of the port, while have totally disappeared ditches, antemural and much of the port.